Monday, June 16, 2014

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS


You make a funny face.

I finally had an agreement with TLW (The Little Woman) that the tree in my front yard had to go. It is sitting almost on the sidewalk and the roots are coming out of the ground and on my lawn. It is a nuisance to live under in spite of the wonderful shade, because when it sheds its leaves, the front of the house is a mess, the roots are killing my grass and lifting up the concrete walk.

No, this is NOT a lemon tree.
So I contracted a tree removal service and he gave me a price and I agreed. In his price was a date, which I put down on my calendar and waited to come with great anticipation. It was scheduled for a Monday and he said he would call me on the weekend to confirm. He calls Friday night to tell me he is not coming because his wife is having a C-section and would be clearing the whole week away. I call him back and we make a new date for the week following.

For a whole week I am looking at the tree and wishing it were gone so I could get my lawn into shape.

The big day arrives and there was no call from the tree remover, plus the weather is not going to be good. It is going to rain and rain heavy. This means the big sissy will not come, of course. I waited 30 years to get rid of the tree and I will probably wait another 30 years in spite of my doctors.

Suddenly, at 6:30 in the morning, the big sissy calls and says he has to cancel the work until Saturday, because the rest of the week he has municipal work!

Actually, I think this is a good way to live forever!

If it weren’t for the fact that nothing will really happen with or without that tree, I’d fire the guy. I know the rain is coming, but so was the baby, so why schedule something then in the first place?

No comments: