Sunday, July 06, 2014

AND SO IT WILL GO.

-->
Today: is my birthday. It is the first birthday without my mother alive. I’m sure most of you have experienced this, that one day that relates you with your mother.

I guess when we pass: we leave in two ways, both the physical departure and the legacy that is built over our lifetime. As a child, I can’t help remembering the sense of security when Dad and Mom were alive: the sense of life being what it was, how so much depended on what they thought. Then one day I married and that sense lessened greatly, but still hung in the air. Once Dad passed on, I knew that life was not forever, that Mom would follow and then I will too. But that is ok, because I have life, have spent it and will spend it in the days to come.

I see my beautiful grandchild and I am grateful that she is alive, that she is the new tomorrow, that she will shine in my eyes until the day I am gone. Life is a beautiful thing. There is nothing more I want.

I’m thinking that maybe it is time to shed some of the old baggage from the past, shake loose some of the traditions that existed and because Mom is now gone, won’t be the same anymore.

You know from your own experiences what I am talking about, the thing we call life marches on, the parade takes another direction. I plan to make myself happier, see the world in another light, and frankly, I can’t wait to get started.

Have a great day, I’ll be talking to you.

3 comments:

Diana said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPH!!". (and that little granddaughter IS beautiful!) Enjoy! XO

Diana said...

(it's my dad's B'day too...........gone 34years......but always remembered......). <3

Corinne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE! HAVING LOST MY MOM ON THE FOURTH OF JULY....I KNOW THE FEELING OF LOSS ON A SPECIAL DAY.....SHE ALWAYS SAID "SHE WANTED TO GO OUT WITH A BANG" AND SHE SURE DID! LIFE GOES ON AND LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! CORINNE