Tuesday, October 14, 2014

ARE WE READY?

I think this was yesterday.
--> I can recall like it was yesterday when I made out that first check with the new year on it, 2014, you know the one you will learn to change to 2015 before you know it.

Time does not go slowly, and the older you get the faster it turns, and you realize that some day they will think of you as an older person, but the person you are holding the door for is younger than you, and so you wonder: just how old do I look?

‘Grandpa’ was once a title of respect, an indicator of age and a hard fact, that one was old, and here I am for the first time in my life calling me ‘Grandpa’. I look across the room at TLW (The Little Woman) and I think back to our honeymoon so many years ago and realize that she too has kept the pace.

I guess there is room for only the young while we with our aging are signaling that we will make room for those who follow. But they need to be careful, they exhibit all the signs that we feared as we grew older.

Getting older has some value, it can help the younger generation to learn more quickly that there are things in life they need to know, and can get it not form Google or even some Yahoo, but from us older folk that have spent some time getting older and know just a bit more than they think.

I’m actually unafraid of getting old, I think it is a rest period from all the hectic and crazy days of youth: running and searching for answers and building dreams and raising kids while keeping pace with the rest of the craziness.

To the younger generation I say: Money is nice, it is security and if you can amass some, do it, but don’t make it your life, instead enjoy your children if you have some, there is a person who has been by your side all this time, enjoy the company and appreciate the loyalty. But the most important thing is to take in the view, smile and have peace.








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!



2 comments:

Diana said...

All I can say that is "ditto!" :-))

Anonymous said...

Wish that last paragraph could go global! So true.