Monday, October 06, 2014

OLD CARS


Last Sunday as I was driving down my street and heading to my local diner for breakfast with TLW (The Little Woman), I mentioned to TLW as we past an old car that in our married life, there was not many used cars we owned. There was a used Plymouth station wagon I purchased when I worked in the city from my company, and a Cadillac that we owned.

The Plymouth was steal, $1 because we were moving from our location and there was a shakeup of ownership, so I got the car for a great price. The Cadillac was the culmination of a dream I had to own one. I had a dream of owning a Chevy Camaro once, did and moved on or rolled over to dream about the Cadillac.

Buying the car used was to buffer my wallet from buying it new, which in turn not only buffeted my wallet, it played ping pong with my mechanic. It seemed it was always in the need of some part or another, and was prone to being needy. Like a pedigree, the Cadillac was always feeling ill, and I felt the pain in the wallet. Just the Catalytic converters were enough to put the brakes on things!

Once the car started costing me in repairs and maintenance that was expensive, I devised a plan after careful study. I would sell it! In it’s place? A brand new Ka-Ka brown Toyota Corolla Deluxe. Only the best and at no price is too small.

So I decided to sell the Cadillac and get the Toyota, and I closed the deal that day at my parent’s home, since they knew someone who always had a dream to own a Cadillac, in other words, a future Toyota Corolla Deluxe owner. The purchaser gave me cash and we shook hands and he left with his dream, my nightmare. We in turn congratulated ourselves and headed to the Toyota dealership in Oakdale to buy the Toyota.

As we drove up the ramp to enter Sunrise Highway at the Bellport entrance, there sitting on the side of the road, hood up was our buyer. Fortunately, the sun was going down the wintry Saturday evening, and he never saw us, I mean, I had to be the only man with a Green with guilt look on his face he saw that day.

We told him all about the car, so I guess I can say too bad in a sorrow-filled way!





Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!


No comments: