Tuesday, November 25, 2014

ADOMINAL AORTIC ANEURISM

That’s what Dr. Havaheart says I have. It comes as a shock and makes me a little nervous. It is something that happens to men over 60 and white males in particular. This is the first time I’m hearing of it in my family. However I think it may run on Mom’s side of the family, as many of them have gone to take a nap or just lie down and have never awakened.

I guess coupled with a 60% blockage of the right Carotid Artery, and 40% in the left things are starting to look a little bleak! I’ll throw in a little high blood pressure and you see what I mean. Old age is a problem as it is, and I have a propensity to create calcium in my body, all helpful sign that I may not be paying taxes soon.

The good news is when it happens I won’t even know what hit me! I guess I could cry: WHY ME? But that would be silly, pointless, and besides why not me? I would love to outlast it for a few years enough for my granddaughter Darby to at least get to know me. But of course I can’t complain, at least I know her, having a first grandchild is wonderful and worth anything that comes afterward. I have no regrets.

I’ve had an interesting life, married a wonderful woman and have had beautiful children. There have been some tragedies in my lifetime, but that is what it is, the breaks don’t always fall my way. There have been some major disappointments in people I love, but I have to let go of that and find new things to do with what is left of my life. There are some wonderful lifetime friends I’ve made over the years: some I see often, some I don’t see enough, some I wish I could see more before time is up.
 
It is funny how seriously we take life. We really shouldn’t, because then you can miss the best parts of it. Playing to the level of a child make him or her happy. Telling a joke makes someone smile and teasing someone makes him or her realize that we are all so silly.

But hey, life goes on, and so do I, and if you didn’t smile today, maybe I’ll get you tomorrow.


No comments: