Friday, November 14, 2014

DEMENTIA

-->
I suffer from it, and it hit me at a very young age, I think it was 27 years of age.

The onset of voluntary dementia
Funny how and when it happened too. I was just married and TLW (The Little Woman) was exercising her verbal muscles on me right after the honeymoon when it occurred. I went immediately to the doctor for a consultation and HE diagnosed it as voluntary dementia.

The symptoms were lack of memory from suggested assignments, such as “Don’t forget to fix the door”, “My friend Gertha is coming for a visit” and “take out the trash.” among other things.

very good verbal skills
As we had children it grew worse. “Can you take care of the kids I want to go shopping.” comes to mind and of course: “Help me with the housework, your mother is coming, dust everything!!!”

As the years went by, I learned to forget most of these sad events and concentrate on everything TLW tells me. But sometimes I can forget, lose track or wonder where I am. But with the right liquid medication I’ve been able to overcome my memory loss and wallow in my forgetfulness and enjoy life like a normal husband of 43 years! My meds come from my personal savior: Dr. Jack Daniels, who has been prescribing for well over 100 years for husbands with voluntary dementia.

You may be reading this and wondering: Is he kidding? and your question is a good one. However, the question begs an answer, and if I can recall what the question is, I’ll ask TLW how to answer it. But she may say I have a very good memory that I remember things from years ago and the detail that goes with it. I’ve been accused by my son of remembering every meal I ever had, so what? I will remind someone of something and they will say: “Oh my God! I forgot all about that!” Or they may just accuse me of making it up!

And so as I push the magic age of 40, I fear that eventually I will forget things on a voluntary basis. This may be the cure for voluntary dementia!

 





Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!




No comments: