Monday, November 03, 2014

I’M PROUD


If there is one thing in the world that everyone needs, it is a nurse at one time or another. A man or woman who goes into this field knows full well that he/she will be doing it for humanity, and NOT the paycheck. No nurse I know of has made a real living being a nurse.

Whenever I was in a hospital, I tried to cooperate with them, giving them a little humor to try to lighten a tough load, caring for all the people they see through the course of their day, wondering sometimes how they an even take on another bed change or even patient change and how their bodies don’t make them pay for it at the end of the day.

It must be a great thing to go to sleep at night and say to yourself, WOW, I did something today that few can claim, “I made a persons day a little better, I helped them through an agony or discomfort, and I will do it again tomorrow!”

Katie, beautiful AND a nurse!
I’m proud, I have two nurses in my family, one is my niece Katie, my goddaughter, and one is my nephew David. Both these humanitarians can hold their heads high because they do God’s work, they work hard, and I’m sure suffer in the process and with little thanks and even less pay. Their jobs are essential, we MUST have them and we all need them at one or more points in our lives. They execute the "Orders" of other health care professionals, and do it with compassion.

David with his lovely wife Kim
The first known nurse, Phoebe, was mentioned in Romans 16:1. During the early years of the Church, St. Paul sent the deaconess Phoebe to Rome to take care of both women and men. In the 1920s, health care included 294,000 trained nurses, 150,000 untrained nurses, 47,000 midwives, and 550,000 other hospital workers, and everyone of them essential and underpaid!

So next time you go to the hospital, remind yourself that these angels of God are being stretched to the limit, both physically and mentally, that they can’t be in two ro more places at the same time, so unless you are about to die, have patience and be patient, a good patient and understand they are there to help, NOT to be abused.








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!


No comments: