Tuesday, November 18, 2014

LIFE’S SPECIAL PLEASURES

--> -->
Recently I spent a few days in Maryland, celebrating a birthday and getting away from the usual hum drum of ordinary life.

Gods' original masterpiece
After a few days of endless eating and conversations, I decided to take a brief walk around the house I was staying in the early fall morning.

One of the treats of aging is you take the time to do the things you missed as a younger person. Every morning of my life I would dress, eat breakfast and rush out to my car for work and as they say never stopped to smell either the coffee or the roses! So this particular morning, I took a cup of hot cocoa and took a walk around the property surveying the different plants and trees, the residuals of Summer time gardens and the vestiges of the hard work to grow vegetables and special plants.

When I stepped outside the first time, I took in the coolness and color, plus the smells that sang together the hymn of Autumn, the celebration of the harvest and the joy of the holidays coming in the next month and a half.

Taking time to smell the forestry perfume, the sun radiant and the trees colored to the great artist’ command, you can’t help the feeling of inner joy, the true joy of being alive.

I think everyone should stop just once at least, take a cup of coffee or hot cocoa, and just stroll a little bit outside and enjoy the wonderful symphony of outdoor life, and celebrate your being in the midst of it: looking, smelling and closely listening to Mother Nature.

Life can be good, if only momentarily.







Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Beautiful state in the fall. My sister, her family AND mom live there. :-))