Saturday, November 29, 2014

SHE BETTER BE SELLING METH…


Or at least cooking it.

I’m not a big TV watcher, not because I’m sophisticated, but because I don’t care about it all that much. I have some favorites, of course there is The Big Bang Theory, and that took some getting used to, and now I watch it even in reruns, over and over again. Baseball and football and even basketball and hockey to some degree, and of course I do like the History Channel.

Just one more question, Sir.
Getting involved in CSI, NCI or Bones or even the modern version of Sherlock Holmes leaves me cold. I can’t stand shows that are too technical in nature and I don’t understand what it is the main characters are doing to solve a crime turns me off. Years ago when they had Columbo and Murder She Wrote, I enjoyed it because it took old-fashioned detective work. Let’s face it, the stars were accomplished actors that make it interesting and fun, today they retread the same actors and actresses on the different shows and it is all about forensic science to solve the problems. The characters are not all that spicy today whereas Columbo and Jessica Fletcher had real personalities.

This past August TLW (The Little Woman) heard about Breaking Bad and discovered that the show was over, but the HBO series was being run every Sunday like a marathon for each year. We recorded it all and watched it at our leisure. I absolutely loved it, the characters and the acting that went with it. Suddenly I was rooting for Walter White (Brian Cranston) who was a chemical teacher and family man turning into a monster of a drug maker. The show: Breaking Bad taught me about the ugly world of money making drug making dealers and what happens to people. This is not about drug use or overdosing, but the real business end of it all.

Metamorphosis from good to evil
When we finished the series one night, I looked around and there was no Walter White or Jessy Pinkman! What was I going to watch with my pizza, or my after dinner entertainment suddenly? The show was of such high quality and so educational that I felt there was not much left to live for. Then as I looked under DVR on my cable, there it was, the recording of Olive Kitteridge! TLW suggested that we watch it and give it a chance. Well, she better be cooking blue meth, or something close to pure meth as she can get, and murder some people along the way. (It IS the American way after all)

Just a down right bitch!
I have watched the first 2-hour presentation and let me say, it is nothing like Breaking Bad, no meth is being cooked, no one has been done in yet but it IS about one nasty bitch, and I’m loving it! Olive Kitteridge, I love you.








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: