Wednesday, November 26, 2014

SITTING IN THE CATBIRD SEAT


OK I DO look senile.
Sometimes I like to pause a moment and take a look around me and assess the situation as I see it. Just like sitting in the catbird seat and looking down at what is going on around me.

As I get older, my wife: TLW (The Little Woman) has stated that maybe I’m getting a little senile. I think she is jealous because I meet new people everyday!

It seems to me that all the allegations about Bill Cosby have ruined the good he did in the past as that very past has now come to haunt him. White, Black or Asian, everyone loved him and now what has he got? A lot of people that will believe the allegations, that’s what. Even if they are untrue, the damage is done.

Do we really need newspapers anymore?

Although I will wear a professional sports team hat, I find it strange that anyone would walk around with a jersey with a players name on it. Do they wish to be that player? Rather than wear the name on the back, why not the salary in numbers? I guess that would be impractical since you would need more room on the jersey, and the player himself probably can’t read it.

Every time I go to the gym to work out, there is an area where all the young fellows work out, pushing themselves to develop muscle, and as they push themselves, they strut around between routines like bulls in an open field, feeling like they want to say: “This should impress the cows!” I just look in the mirror and say: “Gee, I hope I impressed the cows with something once.” Every once in a while one will look my way to see if I died yet! That would impress them!

Whenever there is a monopoly of sorts, say like a supermarket being the only game in town, they tend to get a little sloppy. No lids for the olive bar containers, no hand baskets, no one taking the carts out of the parking lot.  Just saying. Did I just write that! I am old!

Why do doctors when they walk into their examining room always ask how you are feeling? Isn’t it their job to tell you that? I’m fine, see ya.

You go out into traffic and it never fails, there is always someone who is in a hurry, and on a highway, God forbid any space between you and the guy ahead of you, inevitably someone comes along and has to fill that space! One and a half car lengths is just too much space for some, they must fill the space up..

Why are all the SUVs parking next to me so I can’t see what is coming when I back out of a parking space? And when I do, why do people insist on walking behind my car as I move backwards, causing me to slam on my brakes and say things that will not get me into Heaven?

My Mom passed away on June 11th, and I am still getting mail addressed to her asking for donations for one charity or another. I guess that is there way of keeping her alive a little longer. I heard of eternal life, but I didn’t think this is what it meant.

Spitting image of her grandpa Joe!
Since I became a grandfather, every little kid I see is cute, and I have to interact with him/her. The little girls in particular because I have a beautiful granddaughter make me image her when she gets to be that age so I get excited. The only drawback with this is TLW ruined that for me, saying people will think I’m a pervert.

Why do waitresses ask “How Many?” when there is only you and another person? My wife and I go to this diner every Sunday and they ask: “How Many?” I look around, count myself and TLW and say: “Two.” I guess they want to test if I’m senile yet, and can’t add any more when the check comes.

Well, enough of my nonsense, if you wish to add anything to this, I would be happy to add it to the collection and post it here. Just add your name and no obscenities, pretty please.








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: