Thursday, November 13, 2014

THE SOUP BOMB

-->
Making chicken soup should be a simple thing, yet I can complicate it and make it harder than it need be.

After simmering the chicken and vegetables I had pulled everything out of the pot, the large carrots and celery that I didn’t chop up, the onion and a little of the broth, to mix together and puree and add back into the soup to give it a little body, coupled with the starch from the tortellini, would thicken it up nicely. I started thinking about supper and it was 10:30 AM!

It can make a mess!
Taking out a mixer to do the vegetables, I had trouble with the container, it didn’t want to fit and the handle did not line up for it to work on the base of the mixer. After about 10 minutes of this nonsense, I got an old blender out and proceeded to put all the veggies into it and blended down to the puree I wanted. All I had to do now was transfer the blender container over to the big pot of soup and pour it in.

Carefully I removed the container, and lifted it from its cradle and moved toward the stove, slowly raising it to pour, when like the hand of the Devil it suddenly poured out from the bottom, going on the stove, kitchen floor and my shoes! Having now coated the place and myself in pureed celery, carrots and chicken, I never cursed for so long or so loud as I did then! Someone had stored the blender without tightening it and I thought that it was on securely. Whose fault is that? Mine, because no matter who did store it, and it might have been me, I should have checked, so in essence I was cursing my own stupidity!

But damned, what a mess! How do you begin to clean up a mess like that? Somehow I put myself together and did, but it left me with a sour mood all day!

I guess it is life itself, you look forward to something and it don’t happen. It’s a sure thing and suddenly it’s not! Fortunately for me, the soup was delicious, just not exactly what I wanted, but good none the less!








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!


No comments: