Friday, November 07, 2014

WHY?

-->
I don’t know the little girl, never met her: don’t know much about her except she was 3-years old and suffered from leukemia, and her name is Madison. Little Madison passed away recently.

The only reason I know that is because TLW (The Little Woman) told me. But Madison’s suffering and pain and now her death have put daggers in my heart, after all: she is but a child. Her family from what I hear is very loving, adopting children who are in need, who suffer and are just like Madison.

But what about her family: those people that lived and suffered with her? What do you say to them, what can you do for them? How do you fill the void? But more importantly, WHY? Why God, why does this happen? Why do we get defeated before we even have a chance to fight? She was only 3, why? What is the point of a 3-year old suffering, let alone dying? How do we make sense of all this?

Raising a child is hard: it requires a lot of understanding. Love is not enough; you need to think like the child in order to make sense out of what the child is thinking. You cannot put an adult’s logic into a child’s mind, and when something like what has happened to Madison, you cannot comprehend the logic that is in God’s mind and put it in yours.

Having lost a child myself, I feel the pain, the anger at God and the sorry of the parent’s, because I’ve been there and it doesn’t make any sense to me. And here is the kicker: people would say that it happened to my wife and me because we are strong. That is a lot of crap! There are stronger people in this world then, give it to them.

There is nothing anyone can do for Madison, pray for her family to have the strength to bear all this, it is a cold hard place to be.




No comments: