Sunday, December 21, 2014

I’M BECOMING A SENTIMENTAL OLD FOOL!


Yes, just like that I have become a sentimental old fool, as I head into the holiday season, the take charge in me has taken charge-fully!

It seems that now that TLW (The Little Woman) is incapacitated from her ruptured tendon, I have taken on all her previous responsibilities and as such am now think like her. Recently I started to bake cookies for the holidays, and why, because #2 Son expects them as a tradition and so I felt bad that he wouldn’t have any if he relied: on me and any excuses that I may have. Tradition is important to me, and so tradition dictates that there be homemade cookies about for snacking by #2 Son.

Then I started thinking about dinner for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The fare will be the same: Lobster sauce and spaghetti with side dishes of shrimp and scallops and calamari, for Christmas Eve and Lasagna and prime rib for Christmas Day. The traditional carols will not be sung again, as will the stockings be stuffed. This is a tradition started by TLW: a little stocking gift for everyone, the not singing carols is my idea.

Being how I hate to decorate for the holidays, doing it was a chore, under a lot of pressure for the kids to have on Christmas day, and the driving force was coming from a sweet little girl named Darby Shea, my first grandchild in the midst of her first Christmas ever. SHE had to have everything, a stocking holder with her name on it, a stocking with her name on it and a Christmas tree where I will be placing an ornament or two about her among all the family ornaments.

In my den there is a wall where we have family pictures, some of my youth as well as TLW’s, photos of my career and of my children at different ages. I will be getting rid f the career photos so Ms. Darby Shea and her mommy will have adequate space to appear as part of the family. It is all sentiment and now excitement. No one ever conveyed the feeling of excitement that comes with grandchildren and sentimentality!


 



GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS!


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?

You should, Penny needs you to!







No comments: