Tuesday, December 02, 2014

SHAME OF YOU P.F. CHANG!

-->
The one Sunday night recently, TLW (The Little Woman) and I decided to go to P. F. Chang, the Chinese bistro with a lot of glitz and glamour and no substance.

I usually like to go to Chang’s but this was not the evening I guess.

The waitress seated with the usual introduction of who she is and what she planned to do and left us with some menus, disappeared and suddenly returned as a man with dark rimmed glasses, who once again introduced himself and what HE planned to do, mainly: take our order.

Now if you know Chang’s menu, it is poorly worded and complicated to the point that your hair hurts from the joy of figuring out what the hell the marketing people deem as necessary to advance the brand. In other words: it was confusing.
An excellent dish!

We decided to share an appetizer of hand wrapped wontons stuffed with crabmeat. I don’t know why they have to tell me they are hand wrapped. Along with the order I ordered a Jack Daniels Manhattan and TLW ordered a Dewar’s and soda on the rocks.

Suddenly the waiter reappears and tells me there is NO Jack Daniels! WHAT!? “The staff is looking in the back, but we didn’t get our delivery for some reason.” I ask how long it will take and he says 3 minutes. He returns and tells us not only is there NO Jack Daniels. There is no Dewar’s too! I order white wine, the hell with it. He returns with the wine and takes the order: I ask for a Korean type chicken and TLW asks for a spicy chicken. After a small wait, the food arrives: “One Korean Chicken and one Honey Glazed chicken.” Says the delivery guy. “But I ordered spicy chicken” TLW says. “Oh!? You did?” says the food hauler. Maybe I can check with the kitchen and… “Never mind, I take it.”

P. F. Chang, you are falling behind in the Cultural Revolution, with no great leap forward! Maybe you should consult your little red book and convene a self-criticism session. The Chairman would not be pleased. Actually, the food was excellent, just so happy they had some left! But if I were you, I'd try it anyway.










Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!



No comments: