Sunday, December 14, 2014

THE DANCE OF THE HOURS


Unlike the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies, this one never concludes!

It seems that for over 43 years TLW (The Little Woman) and I have been dancing around and practicing courtesy. I ask something and she asks it back. Let me enumerate a few:

“Toots, what would like for dinner?”

“What would you like for dinner?”

“Toots, is there something you want to watch on TV now?”

“Why? Is there something you want to watch on TV now?”

“Toots, what do you want to do this afternoon?”

“What do you want to do this afternoon?”

You get the drift, we don’t want the other to be inconvenienced, put out or disappointed over any plans. Breakfast on Sundays is something else. I have three locations and depending on what I feel like, there is where we go, however I do on occasion ask her where.

“Toots, where do you want to go this morning for breakfast?”

“I don’t know, where do you want to go?”

“How about the diner on Main Street, I feel like those fat sausages this morning.”

“But they don’t have those French fries you like!”

“Damn, I don’t know what to do now! I know, we’ll go to I-Hop, they make scrambled eggs the way I like them!”

“What about the sausages?”

“Have you ever considered becoming an arbitrator?”

WE will eventually settle on something or somewhere or somehow accommodate each other, its’ just that there will be a lingering question about how much we do.

Life is full of uncertainties, if I ask.








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: