Tuesday, December 23, 2014

YOU’LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT THEY FOUND HIDING IN YOUR STOMACH!

-->
OK, that is a headline to an ad I saw recently. I can answer the ad question with aplomb: some donuts; cheese and for sure: pork chops.

Now don’t get me wrong, I eat other things, also: pasta and salami of various Italian names, and maybe some sausages and meatballs. My diet is extensive and varied just like yours, but deep down in my stomach somewhere lays a few of these choices on the dietary pyramid. I ascribe to the 4 food groups, for a balanced diet, they being pork chops, pasta, cheese and donuts. My doctor asked me if I eat a balanced meal and I can honestly say: Yes Doctor, very balanced, I can eat on one foot or the other while standing and can change feet at a moments notice. 

I used to be a picky eater, I’d pick at this and that but eat it all, maintaining my philosophy of you can’t pick your family but you can pick at your food!

Grandma in the black dress
As a small child, I was encouraged by my grandmother and aunts to eat. They felt I was too skinny so: “Mangia Joe-Joe” was the order of the day. Mom on the other hand felt I was a human vacuum, and to keep her budget in check: would hide some of the stuff, like cookies and donuts. Fortunately, I never ate a pork chop that wasn’t cooked. But between the two camps, I agreed with my grandmother and aunts, after all, there were more of them than of my mother: FIFTY MILLION FRENCHMEN CAN’T BE WRONG!

There are other things besides eating though; after all you have to cook it. I like to cook and will experiment, sometimes grandly, sometimes subtly, slipping by plates of test kitchen foods on TLW (The Little Woman) on a regular basis. Most of my experiments have been a success: the problem is I forget to record how I made something so the same thing is hardly made more than once.

And so I will leave you with this question: What’s for dinner?

-->





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

2 comments:

Patrick Paolucci said...

Do you have a pet? I'm thinking that the next time you feel the urge to make a blog entry it might be just as well you read it to fido of fluffy.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

I did! You DID respond after
all!