Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A FULL MOON?


The inexperienced young man was smitten with the girl who was sitting beside him in his parked car. Looking at her in the light of the full moon, he gently placed his hand on her knee and said, “Angie….I think I love you.”
With a knowing smile, she put her hand on his and said, “Higher, Ralph.”
Clearing his throat, he said, “Angie, I think I love you!” in a cracked falsetto.



It seemed like the moon was full in the middle of the day, it was one of the: most unhappy of days for people I ever witnessed last week.

It started when I went to get on a local road that is heavily traveled, and as I attempted to merge onto the road from a cloverleaf, the traffic was backed up, making it impossible to go far. Gradually I managed to negotiate the traffic and found myself determined to hang on until this cleared.  Then there was the source of my consternation: the backup was caused by a young lady and three police cars on the center median, her arms waving and the cops trying to calm her down, her car’s rear was completely decapitated! I was looking into her back seat cleanly. (Yup she did have a nice tookis!

So further up I go and we suddenly break loose and I make it to the hospital, a large university hospital, enter the parking garage only to be stalled once again. As I take my ticket from the machine, I hear horns blowing and people complaining. It seemed that a car was trying to pull out of its parking space, another car stopped suddenly and waited, but it was too close for the car to get out of the space without hitting the waiting car. Behind the waiting car was the source of all the honking, an irate woman who was unhappy about having to wait for these cars to negotiate a solution. From the third cars honking and pressuring the driver in front of her, the waiting car attempted to back up a little to give space to pull out but hits the impatient driver behind her. Madam Impatient suddenly pushes out her door and gets out of her SUV and starts yelling and pointing and of course cursing, all while getting on her cell phone.

Then I enter the hospital and go to the front desk, to seek a pass. There is a line ahead of me and a very slow elderly volunteer behind the visitor’s desk, the faces on the people waiting were filled with anger and annoyance, short little shifting of feet and bad moods. Yes it was a happy day!

I don’t know what is happening these days, either a full moon or the affects of winter and the cold, either way I’m going under my bed until March when I see La Principessa and sing Happy Birthday to her.

 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it will leave you in a good mood!

They're the People's Choice!

No comments: