Monday, January 05, 2015

COOKIES CAKE AND ALL WE BAKE


Yo mamma is so fat: I took a picture of her last Christmas and its still printing.

Pretty bad joke I must admit, but the year is still young!

There seems to be more cake, cookies and pies in my house then when the holidays started! We eat the stuff but more somehow shows up. I keep telling myself that once the holidays are over, so is all the junk, but I am now extending the holidays way past May 30th, just to finish off the cake.

I’m a person who doesn’t like to waste, and since I baked two nut breads for the holidays, I still have a lot left over, so I can’t bring myself to throw them out. The biggest problem is they taste so darn good that I don’t have the heart top toss them. If anyone is interested in the recipe, just send an email to delgraphics@optonline.net, and I promise you will not be disappointed.

I go to the doctor next month and only have 4 weeks left to make a noticeable drop in my weight, Dr. Strangeglove and I have an agreement that if I loose some weight, I don’t go on these pills he wants me to take, so thus the gym and diet.

All my adult life from 30 on, I have had a weight problem, working and sitting all day didn’t help, and the long hours commuting made me too tired to exercise. I went from going to the gym everyday to passing it by once a week, and being proud of my ‘going to the gym’.

I fear that if I dwell too much on the diet and gym, nothing will happen and I will not get anywhere, so I will try to not mention this again this year unless something of note happens, like I set the gym on fire or order MacDonald’s and sneak it into the gym. (With fries of course!)

So every time I take a bite out of something these days, I feel the guilt then think: well I DID go to the gym. This is not good and should be discouraged, so please don’t say anything to me about it.

Along with the battle is the extraneous situation of TLW (The Little Woman) and her foot in a cast, the baskets sent to the house for her healing pleasure all add into the mix of the holiday cheer, when do I win? There is fruit so delicious and it is sitting there with cake and cookies, I get a stomachache just looking at it. And the hardest question to ask TLW? What do you want for dinner?  I figure if I ask her she will give ma a clue, instead she asks me back.

I have an idea, why don’t you come on over for some cake and coffee, or do you prefer tea and pie, fruit and milk? Or you can just come over and mix and match.

Jan. 5th, 1914: Henry Ford introduces a revolutionary pay deal when he introduces $5.00 per day wages for all his Ford workers. When asked about the pay he tells reporters that he wants his Ford workers to earn enough to be able to afford to buy a Ford motorcar.




LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?

My Daddy says watching the show will make you younger!

1 comment:

Diana said...

So if we come over, can we bring all the cake, pies and candy that are still at my house??? LOL!!!! I know what you mean, Joseph, you send people home with goodies, but somehow, they appear again with the next guest!! But it's all good! Enjoy!!