Saturday, January 24, 2015

DON NA WORRY, BE ‘APPY!


A blonde went to buy a Pizza and after ordering, the assistant asked the blonde if she would like her pizza cut into six pieces or twelve. “Six please” she said, “I could never eat twelve!


One of the wonderful treats in life is finding people that you never met that leave a special light on in your life. In the course of my many years on this Earth, I have to say I have met many, and they help me shape my attitude.

One of the people was Dad, who most of the time was happy, he would joke, enjoyed a laugh even at his own expense. Sometimes he even did things that would crack up the whole family, traveling to Connecticut once, comes to mind.

Then there was the owner of this Italian restaurant named Dominic, who spoke with a heavy accent and when he did he really mangled the English language, but at least he gave it a shot. The word ‘Pope’ would come out ‘Poop’! Some days it was very difficult not to laugh in front of him.

Atza so NICE!
Recently I went out to try a new pizza place, and found one with a really interesting character, the man who made the pizza. He too had an accent that mangled the English language and looked a lot like Dominic! He immediately caught my attention, and gave me a new mantra.

As I ordered two eggplant sandwiches on a special bread they make, I waited and also asked for some garlic knots, one made with broccoli for TLW (The Little Woman) and one made with sausage for me, when all of a sudden, the pizza guy, amid rollicking insults from his co-workers in Italian, as he good naturally took them, placed a brown paper bag on the counter in what I though was so quickly it might not be my order!

“IS THIS MY ORDER?!” I asked.
“Si!”
“You have the garlic knots and two sandwiches in there?”
“Si!” and with a big grim says:
“DON NA WORRY, BE ‘APPY!” My new mantra!






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it makes you ‘Appy!’




No comments: