Friday, January 09, 2015

GETTING THE BOOTH AND A WEDGIE

-->
The 70-year-old man sat down in the orthopedic surgeon's office. "You know, Doc," he said, "I've made love in more exotic cars than anyone I know. Must be at least a thousand."

"And now, I suppose, you want me to treat you for the arthritis you got from scrunching up in all those uncomfortable positions," the medic said.

" Hell, no," the old fellow replied. "I want to borrow your Lamborghini."

Sitting in the Orthopedic Surgeons office I look up over the heads of the receptionist and see the sign: ORTHOPAEDIC. Never having seen the spelling as such, I turned to TLW (The Little Woman) and say: “Do they have spell check for sign makers?” The sign is large and made of raised metal letters over a long titanium looking base, maybe 20 feet across. It turns out one is the British spelling; ‘Orthopaedic’ and one is the American spelling ‘ Orthopedic’.

Do you know that the average wait for an orthopedic is about 45 minutes? Did you also know that the spelling of ‘orthopaedic’ the British way is not acceptable to spell check? Did you realize you don’t care?

As we waited for the good doctor I asked TLW if she wanted me to come in with her when it was her turn. “Why not? You came this far.” There went my nap!

But the moment of liberation was at hand, TLW was loosing her cast and scooter, she was being fitted with a boot, making her conversation more animated and happily she told me how wonderful it felt, and told me, and told and told me.

-->
The doctor fitted TLW with a boot, and she must add wedgies to her
opposite foot in her shoe to level off her walk plus some physical therapy for 6 to 8 weeks! 

Leaving the doctor’s office, she would for old times sake, ride out on her scooter for the last time! This was a very emotional time for both of us, I no longer had to transport the darn thing and place it in and out of the car!

But the good news is here, I am being slowly liberated from TLW’s cast, and she will become more independent of me. This will make her happy to do for herself and I’m not complaining.





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, my daddy says it it makes you look skinny! Really!

No comments: