Friday, January 23, 2015

GETTING INTO HOT WATER



A man and his wife are in the shower together when the doorbell rings. The wife puts on a robe and goes down to answer the door.

In walks her husband’s friend Ben. The woman tells him her husband’s in the shower and asks if he can come back later. Instead, Ben steps in and quietly says, "I have $400 in my pocket. I’ll give it to you if you’ll open your bathrobe for me." She’s offended, but really needs the money so she agrees, opens her robe, and lets Ben have a quick peek before doing it up again. Ben gives her the $400, and she opens the door for him to leave, but he says, "I have another $400 in my other pocket. I’ll give it to you if you let me touch your breasts." Now she’s really mortified, but again, she needs the money, so she undoes her robe and lets him have a quick feel. Taking the other $400 from him, she lets him out the door.

Going back upstairs, she gets back in the shower with her husband, feeling a little bit guilty.

"Who was that?" the husband asks.

"Oh, that was just Ben," the wife answers.

"Ben?" the husband says. "That son of a bitch owes me 800 bucks!"

About 15 years ago I replaced my home heating system, so I know that it is too soon for it to go on me. However we all live in a little fear of that happening.

At night, I set the dishwasher to go on about 4:00 am so that it generates hot water for a nice hot shower. I would think most people do just that themselves for the same reason. Since TLW (The Little Woman) has been home with a leg in a boot and a cast before that, she was taking a shower every other day, and was unfamiliar with its habits. She expressed to me that she thought the water heater had died. I assured her it didn’t but she went into the basement to check the tank and it was warm on the bottom but cold on top.

Since we didn’t have any dishes to wash the other night, we didn’t run the shower for the next morning. I came home from my workout at the gym and noticed the kitchen faucet hot water was running and no one near it.

“Toots! The water is running!”

“Yes, I’m running it for your shower so you have hot water.” She replied.

I thought that very nice of her and at the same time a little strange, she was thinking of me that much, and so far in advance of what I’d do! Somehow it didn’t fit.

As we talked I went over to the water faucet and tested to see if the water was hot yet, and it was still running cold. HMMMM.

“Is it hot yet?” she inquired.

“NO, it is still cold!” I responded.

“Well, let it run for another 15 minutes.”

Hmmm… “Tell me, how did you think of running the water for me so I’d have a hot shower?” I asked. (My beady eyes were now penetrating her eyes to look for some answers.

“Well, actually I was going to take a shower and realized the water was going to run cold, so I thought I’d take one after you.” A sheepish grin was now hiding her face.

“So you would sacrifice your husband for a hot shower!”

“Well, you are supposed to be chivalrous.”

There’s a moral here boys and girls…

A HUSBAND SHOULD NEVER TRUST HIS WIFE WHEN IT COMES TO SHOWERING.

 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, other wise you might be all wet!

No comments: