Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I DON’T GET TOO COMFORTABLE


A guy comes home from the doctor and his wife says, "How did your check-up go?"

The guy says, "It was terrible. I have a fatal disease, and I only have about 6 hours left to live."

The wife says, "Wow. So, what do you want to do for your last six hours of life?"

The husband says, "Let's make love!"

And they did. For two hours. Afterwards, as they're relaxing, the wife says, "What do you want to do next?"

The husband says, "Let's make some more love!"

And they did. For three more hours. Afterwards, as they're resting, the wife says, "You only have one hour left. What would you like to do for your last hour?"

The husband says, "Let's make some more love!"

The wife suddenly says, "Absolutely not. I have to get up in the morning, and you don't."

It seems to me that in every situation where I find I am getting comfortable, maybe hitting that sweet spot on my chair or in my bed, I have to move! This is annoying and I’m thinking of invoking my rights as a senior citizen and refusing to move.

I go to bed at night and it may take a while for me to settle down before I sleep. Usually this is because I had a stimulating day or I planned something the next morning early and I want to be well rested for it. The gym comes to mind or a doctor’s appointment for another, and comes early morning I lay there suddenly awake. The bed is just the right temperature and my body has hit all the perfect points to allow me to lay there forever. I think: Oh heck, I have to go to the gym when it is time to get up. I look and it is time to get up, causing me great sadness and angst. Breaking way from the best sleep position, everything in the room now seems cold, I have to go to the bathroom and probably something aches.

The other day there was a snowfall, after I came home from the gym, and it was piling on, this was about 9:30 am, and I had an appointment with a doctor at 10:00 am. Needless to say, the cup of coffee I was holding, the newspaper I was reading and the general comfort of my chair made the thought of going anywhere just nuts. But I had to leave in 15 minutes to make my appointment. The cold, grey morning, the snow falling and the icy slick roads all beckoned me to the car, which needed to be scraped, with the snow falling and the ice settling.
There ought to be a law! If you are over 65, if you don’t want to do something, you don’t have to. Take for instance the evenings. It is raining, maybe windy and cold, you are sitting in your chair after dinner, all rested and content, except for say a little sleepy. Suddenly you realize you have a meeting to go to. You say out loud: I really don’t want to go out tonight, my back hurts, it is cold and rainy and I want to relax. Of course you go because you have to.

Probably the worse case scenario is when I cook, and I get into it, using utensils and bowls and pots and pans. Along with all that is the dishes we will eat on. We finish, we sit at the table and talk, and suddenly it dawns on me, I can’t go and sit in my chair now, I have to clean up!

Like I said: There ought to be a law!






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should! My Grandpa Joe wants you to be even smarter!




No comments: