Saturday, January 03, 2015

THE WAY I SEE IT THIS YEAR


WHEN WAS THE FIRST TIMES SQUARE BALL DROPPED?
Answer below

The evolution of a resolution:
2009: I will get my weight down below 180.
2010: I will watch my calories until I get below 190.
2011: I will follow my new diet religiously until I get below 200.
2012: I will try to develop a realistic attitude about my weight.
2013: I will work out 5 days a week.
2014: I will work out 3 days a week.
2015: I will try to drive past a gym at least once a week.

As I stood in the gym on New Year’s Eve, I looked around me and thought that I would either become the Italian Stallion or an old grey nag.

I’m making my usual New Year’s resolution, that is: no New Year’s resolution. Never made one, couldn’t keep it if I tried, so why bother? Let’s face it, none of us ever do, we just find an excuse to go back to our old ways.

However, that is not to say I don’t make resolutions and some are successful, like when I quit smoking on New Year’s Day in 1990. Then there was a resolution to finish school as a freshman in college. With no money, no form of transportation and absolutely no sense, I vowed that somehow I would graduate from college. Through the grace of God I managed, what was a titanic struggle to do so, hitchhiking and starving, and sneaking onto trains, just for the sake of a lambskin.

There is one resolution I will make though that is actually a renewal of a plan, to continue to write this blogue for fun. It will be just like it always was and maybe a little better. I will try to make it funnier if I can and work to have you enjoy reading it. I will try not to become political but will comment when things get insane.

Just remember this: I call this a blogue, rather than a blog because it looks classier. I have acronyms for many and I write everyday, so in these respects I have a unique thing, my thing going on. It is fun and it is what it is, nothing more and maybe a little less, but then look who is writing it.

Answer: In 1907 the first Times Square ball was dropped and thus began a long tradition over 100 years ago.






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, everyone needs a great family tradition 
my Grandpa Joe says.

No comments: