Thursday, February 05, 2015

DAISY, DAISY


Give me an answer do, am I half crazy from all the hard work I do?

The other day I was at the gym on the treadmill, and across form me was this young man about my age, sitting on what looks and operates like a tricycle. While I was walking away, striding he was casually pedaling, and reading a newspaper! He got me wondering what the heck I was doing? I thought, that is a great way to get in your exercise, and maybe I could get a vibrating bed and count that as exercising.

The time of day was 10:30 when I climbed onto the treadmill and as I looked around me all I saw ere young men and women, during an ice storm no less. THAT got me thinking what they were doing home, since none of the schools were closed, so these couldn’t be teachers, these people were in their 20’s and 30’s, how do they get the time to be off from their jibs and afford a gym?

When I was working and went to the gym, I would arise at 4:15 am and go tot the gym so I could start at 5:00 am and workout for an hour, get back home, shower, eat and get in my car for the long commute. This of course left me tired the rest of the day and I had to stop because I was falling asleep at the wheel.

These people are all well formed gym rats, muscles and very little fat except between the ears, so they are doing this a long time, and know each other, do they work at night?

I once worked at night, for a newspaper doing paste ups, that is cutting type and pasting it on a board called a mechanical, along with pictures from a manuscript, this went to the press for printing the next day, and I hated the job, so I got one working on blueprints for the US Coast Guard drawing up turrets for mounting guns on for some of the ships. Although it was interesting, I was board and tired from classes all day, so naturally I hated it. But there was no time what so ever for a gym, even though I was in great shape in college.

So where do people find this time. I can see us old farts going because if we don’t we will die, so this keeps us alive, but these young people?


At twenty we worry about what others think of us.
At forty we don't care about what others think of us.
At sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all.




LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it won’t make you tired!

No comments: