Thursday, February 19, 2015

GOOD MORNING READERS!


I Think McDonalds should be able to turn away customers like barkeepers do:
Customer: “I’ll have three Big Macs”
Barkeeper: “Sir, I think you had enough.”

Today was a great day in DELBLOGGOLOLand! Today I worked the crunch apparatus at the gym and set it at a certain weight, went through my 25 reps three times and then got off and went to another piece of equipment across from it. The weight I set was all new for me and heavier, and the reps were 10 more than I usually do in each set.

A young stud about in his late 20’s or early 30’s sat in my place and looked at the weight I had set. This guy works out every morning with weights and he looks it. I thought: Uh oh, this young guy is going to make this old man look bad! He began to work and started struggling, quitting around 10 and took off a good 20 to 30 pounds! IT MADE MY DAY!!!!

We all need little victories, and that for me was a big one! I think it makes my hard work pay off. Sometimes these guys work out and when they leave they leave the weight on the heaviest setting. I imagine there may be some people that can do that kind of workout, but I think most of them like to play games with ones head, and how do I know that? I’m a player.

There are times when I play games with myself, and that is when some young goddess comes along in her workout clothes, that look like they are sprayed on! They walk in and avert their eyes at all the dribble falling from the mouths of the old goats like myself. They pretend we don’t exist and proceed to bend over with their butts to your face and slowly place their towels and water bottles down before they hit the apparatus. This gives you time to ass-certain whether they really need to work out anymore, and usually they don’t. Of course, this leads to all kinds of problems for me: holding in my stomach, losing count of my reps and wondering where I am. These women are a good 40 years younger than me and gee whiz.

Some of us are at the gym because someone told us we should go to a gym, and some of us are at the gym because we want to build muscle, and both of them are for the most part going to fail. I go because I do like to go and I like challenging myself as I do in the rest of my life. I just want to be fit, not muscle bound and I would like to gradually lose weight, not all at once but slowly. One poor guy this morning was sitting on a piece of apparatus looking totally dejected and frustrated, having tried to work the thing for the first time. I was watching him form the tread mill and as I walked, I looked and saw the guy wandering in the hall looking at the bulletin board, then disappeared.

If you do join the gym to do workouts, I would suggest you go easy on yourself at first, and make it an enjoyable time. Don’t try to make up for years of inactivity in one or two visits, but set goals for yourself and gradually increase them as you go. I found this worked for me and have been making steady progress. Who’s in a hurry these days? The weight lose with the last three months was 7 pounds, with a reasonable diet and steady workout. I discovered if I eat small meals between breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you go to the table hungry, you overeat, if you don’t, and have three small meals or snacks between major meals, that works, this was taught to me by a personal trainer.

 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it leaves you in shape!



No comments: