Thursday, March 05, 2015

AS BIRTHDAYS GO


Sometimes I wake up grumpy -- other times I let her sleep.

Its really frightening if you think about it, he is still breathing. His wife never killed him, and Lord knows I tried many times, but like the common cold, he just lingers, until you want to kill yourself.

Now I’ve known Phil most of my life, which makes me nervous, irritable, twitchingly crazed from the experience. I though about therapy but stopped short of an appointment when I thought: “What if Phil used him once, he would be no good as a therapist anymore, just a broken man!”

A lot has happened since January of 1965, when we first met. He was already crazy, and I was working on it myself. Being a quiet individual, I sought to have a peaceful education, just go to school, get a degree and get out. But no, instead I met Phil, who was always one step ahead of the police, the dean and his latest girlfriends father.

Phil was poised to make a name for himself and he did: ‘NUTCASE’ and he has through hard work earned it. If you walk along the streets of Staten Island, you will see people, a shell of themselves, talking to no one, shaking and even drooling, these are all acquaintances of Phil’s, people, unsuspecting when they shook his hand for the first time.

We have hung out together for these so many years, 50 to be exact, and the friendship has never faulted, my spirit might have, just like those droolers, but I hung on. Why? It is my solemn duty to mankind to take the brunt of his shenanigans and keep the world safe.

Now he has defied the odds, confused the expectations of the world about him, he is married, with children. They have manage to keep their sanity and maintain a sane appearance, defying the odds!

WOW PHIL, YOU GOT OLD!
You can’t mistaken him either, he is a Jewish kid with a loaf of Italian bread between his teeth and smiling without his horns. His lovely wife Linda was once interviewed by a local radio station and asked how she came to marry him, in which she replied: “married! Who? Us?” Well he says he is.

Anyway, he is crazy and I love it, and love him as a brother!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST FRIEND A GUY EVER HAD! MOZEL TOV!

           



LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

  
DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it will keep you from meeting Phil!

No comments: