Wednesday, March 04, 2015

IT SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY


Wife: "How would you describe me?"
Husband: "ABCDEFGHIJK."
Wife: "What does that mean?"
Husband: "Adorable, beautiful, cute, delightful, elegant, fashionable, gorgeous, and hot."
Wife: "Aw, thank you, but what about IJK?"
Husband: "I'm just kidding!"

Where have all the days gone? I see the year 1975 and I think: that was only yesterday! But it was 40 years ago! Where are the people of those years? Where have they all gone to?

Where is that little kid I knew, he was full of life and wanted to know everything, but now knows more than I do, where is he? He lives in West Chester and California, not needing me any more.

Where is the dance I went to, getting that date and smelling her perfume long after the dance, and dreaming of her? Where did that go?

Where was the first day of college, the feeling that I had the start of my future in my hands, where is that?

Where is the first day of my career, feeling insignificant and alone, but hopeful, what happened to that.

There was the letter from the motor Vehicle Office informing me that I passed my road test, I was now on my way! What happened to that sense of accomplishment?

I remember the proposal and the courtship, the wonderful dinners and events, the milestones and benchmarks of life, all rolled into one, where are they?

I remember a young bride, with little children and driving ambitions for the future, that future being today, where has it all gone? What happened in between the day and night, why has dusk fallen so soon? Today is just another word for yesterday!

It is funny, I wish I could recall all those days once more, just like an automobile needing a touch up, I would want to recall my life and touch up my life, make it better and remember it more. I would change certain attitudes and expand ideas, but it is too late, you can’t recall, you can’t redo, you can only accept what is.

I wish I were more accepting of new concepts when I was young, not so head strong and unwilling to acknowledge the truths. I believed what I was taught and should have challenged everything I was told, but I was too trusting.

Somewhere in this world there is a young fellow, filled with dreams and ambition, hope for his future and enough piss and vinegar to climb Mt. Everest, swim the English Channel and fall in love all in one day. He will ask himself: Where has it all gone? Some day.





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!



No comments: