Friday, March 20, 2015

IT’S HARD TO BELIEVE!


At a session with a marriage counselor, the wife snapped at her husband: "That's not true! I do so enjoy sex!"
Then, turning to the counselor, she explained: "But this animal expects it four or five times a year!"

43 years ago I became a daddy for the first time. It transformed me from a happy-go-lucky guy to someone who suddenly became sober with the thought that I had responsibilities.

The first time ever I saw her face, it was in transit from one floor of the hospital to n=another, as the elevator door opened briefly, I saw an incubator with my new daughter laying peacefully in it and her name on the crib announcing it was a girl. I couldn’t get out in time since it was a crowded elevator, and so I had to wait until they called me to the maternity ward.

I remember mom remarking later in her first visit to see Ellen how she was the first DelBloggolo baby in the generation, making me feel proud.

But getting to introduce myself to my daughter was a major ordeal, since I was a guy that stuck by the rules of law, and propriety. I was working and in the middle of the morning TLW (The Little Woman) called me at my job in Manhattan to tell me that she was going from her doctor’s appointment right to the hospital under doctor’s orders to have the baby. My boss was in a big meeting and what could I do? Well everyone in that office told me to just go, don’t worry about it. I was just in this job over a year and it was my first job.

Being a commuter and taking the train home in the middle of the day was almost impossible since the schedules were not normal. I took a subway, the LIRR and a cab to get to the hospital, and the funny thing is the cab was the longest ride of them all! It made local stops all around Bayshore before finally getting to Southside Hospital, and when I did get there is was mid afternoon around 3:30 PM! Up to that point, it was the longest ride of my life!

So now that I look back on that day, I find it hard to believe that it all occurred 43 years ago today! From being a pup myself to having one and now one that is 43 years old is quite a leap in reality!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART! WE LOVE YOU!





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it teaches you good parenting skills!











No comments: