Tuesday, March 10, 2015

VOTE IS IN… OUTSTANDING NYC WEBSITE!

-->
Kevin Walsh, 'Man of the Hour!'
Every now and then I like to point out certain things that I enjoy and share them with you. One of them is a web site I’ve shared with you in the past: It is written by someone I consider an old friend: Kevin Walsh and here is what it is all about: http://forgotten-ny.com/ The proprietor of Forgotten NY, an author and proof reader who will take this article apart if he ever reads it.

Recently Forgottenny.com was named a website worthy of an accolade richly deserved! So I am pointing it out to you and giving you a gift, a chance to read and follow something worth while and you will not be disappointed. Here is in his words a response to his good work being recognized, and with it I will leave you two alone while I take a nap, see you tomorrow folks!

“I’m honored and humbled (by the way, why do people say “I’m humbled” when they win an award? About twenty years ago, I was truly humbled at a bus stop at Nostrand Avenue and Avenue R when a miscreant winged an apple out of a moving bus window and it hit me in the coconut) because Forgotten New York is the first-ever recipient of Outstanding New York City Website by the Guides Association of New York City.

FNY has been associated with GANYC since 2012. The Guides Association of New York City is New York’s only organization representing licensed, professional New York City Sightseeing Tourist Guides. It’s also one of America’s oldest guides associations.


The awards ceremony, at a packed Leonard Nimoy Thalia Theatre at Symphony Space, Broadway and 95th Street, March 2, 2015, attracted the cream of NYC-based websites, authors, tourguides, historians, restaurateurs, and many others who contribute to NYC’s status as the world capital of tourism. Among other winners were the Bowery Boys podcast and longtime New York Times Streetscapes columnist Christopher Gray.

The first recent photographs of the webmaster, flapping jowls and all, were occasioned at the ceremony. My guest was my dear friend and fellow Greater Astoria Historical Society board member, DeeAnne Gorman, a renowned singer in her spare time.”

 


 
LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

  
DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should,it will help you find great websites!







No comments: