Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WHEN YA GOTTA GO; YA GOTTA GO!


It was so cold Richard Simmons started wearing pants!

If you live in the northeast like I do, you know how sick and tired of snow you are. It seems it never stops snowing and all you can do is hope that you can at least see the sun shine at least once more before you pass on.

Recently while dealing with the latest snowstorm, I had to go out to the pharmacy and pick up some medications for TLW (The Little Woman) and myself. Although not a blizzard, the conditions were treacherous to say the least. Having to shovel first TLW’s car then mine, I then went out to get the meds.

Unfortunately, the meds were needed and there was nothing I could do but brave the weather. Then again, TLW went to work in it and yet it was on everyone’s mind. The thing I’m noticing is now that we are so used to it, the attitude is one of going from: “Oh no! Not again!” to “Take it easy when you drive!” This is from the colorless and moody to the testy and angry, all of us in other words and resolved to the fact that we have to accept the latest arctic blast of frozen weather. It seems like a Christmas in reverse, where everyone is cheerful we are now just plain annoyed and concerned about what else, the weather; of course.

People waiting for the spring!
Entering the drug store, the place is very quiet, and as I pass the checkout counter, the two elder ladies greet me asking how it is out there, and of course, this must be their first human contact with the outside world all day, I tell them and head off to pick up the drugs. There the Pharmacist greets me with: “How are you today?” Frozen and unable to talk I try to say ‘fine’ but it comes out ‘wine’.

Now they have my order from the day before, but will play games like ‘they don’t have it’ to ‘yes we have it but not all of it’ to ‘my being ready to scream that I came out in this garbage weather and you have had my orders for two days don’t give me that crap it’s not ready.’ Fortunately for all involved, they have it all, handing me the meds after I pay for them and I turn to go when the pharmacy lady says: “Have a good day!” Have a good day? Today? In this weather? And I still have to drive home? And, worry about TLW safely getting home from work?

I have a better idea, SHE has a good day and I will go home and worry.

  


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it will warm you up!


No comments: