Friday, April 03, 2015

CALIFORNIA DREAMING

-->
I remember when my grandpa's memory started to go.
It was the day I caught him urinating with the door open:
It's annoying when you’re trying to drive.

After just a few days in California, I miss it terribly, or more importantly, my little Principessa, Darby Shea. The pure joy of this child is immeasurable: there are no words that could express the sheer joy of seeing her.



There could be an earthquake, a bomb, a mudslide and even rain, and I would be oblivious to it all, because she is around. I sat and did nothing but either play with her or just watch her in amazement, as she frolicked about the house.

I kept wishing I could show Mom all the movies and stills I took of her. Mom never knew her, only from pictures that showed an infant a few months old at the most. I wonder what it is I did that was so special that I have such a great grandchild, then I realize I just happen to be along for the ride, there is my wife and son and the beautiful gal he married that did something special, yet I can’t believe my luck.

As it is I love Burbank, California. What is it that I love, I don’t know, maybe the idea that the weather is so perfect, maybe that my daughter-in-law and son live there, and besides the fact that Darby Shea (La Principessa) lives there, maybe the easy living life style of laid back calmness that pervades the atmosphere, along with the beautiful flowers that grow all year long, and maybe even the two dogs Lines and Daphne that great me when I show up at Darby’s house.

I know this: I hate flying out to California, but will do it in a heartbeat just to see my little Principessa, but I would do anything and I mean it just to see her.

In the next few days I will introduce you to three people I met for the first time while visiting my little Principessa, all of them center around her little self.





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, they live in California and are made in Burbank!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at the pics and videos on my phone! Ain't being a Grampa great!
Roger

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Absolutely Roger! She is hard to not enjoy! It was good to see you guys last week.

Diana said...

Besides having your own children, it IS the greatest thing to be a grandparent. But what makes me laugh is, you hear things like, "oh, I love my grandchildren SO MUCH!........but then we get to send them home"....Makes no sence to me!!! I wanna keep 'em !! LOL!! Enjoy, Joseph and Ellen, she's a doll!!!!