Saturday, April 04, 2015

FINDING TREASURE IN THE MIDST OF BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

-->
"Look at ME!" boasted the fit old man to a group of young people. "Every morning I do fifty push-ups, fifty sit-ups and walk two miles. I'm fit as a fiddle! And you want to know why? I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't stay up late, and I don't chase after women!"

He smiled at them, teeth white, eyes glittering, "And tomorrow, I'm going to celebrate my 95th birthday!"

"Oh, really?" drawled one of the young onlookers, "How?

In the land of sunny California, located in the beautiful city of Burbank, there was a 1st birthday party for the lovely La Principessa, my gorgeous granddaughter Darby Shea, an event of great importance.

Now every once in a while you get to meet people that you haven’t seen before that become instant hits in your book, people that you wish you knew long ago but will settle for meeting them for the first time. There are two people that I wish to introduce you to that made my trip to California worth the while aside from my gorgeous granddaughter La Principessa.

Now who says Facebook is a waste of time doesn’t realize the potential in making beautiful acquaintances. For over a half year I have made friends with a lovely lady by the name of Carol. Carol is a big fan of The Big Bang Theory, a friend of #1 Son and just a sweet and wonderful lady. She is old school good, old school homey, old school love and she has a husband Ron who really deserves such a wonderful woman as a wife.

Talking to strangers can be difficult, awkward and pressing, but if you meet Carol or Ron for the first time you almost want to say: ”How have you been, I haven’t seen you in a while!” Of course you can’t say that because you never met them before, except in that perfect world you like to think about, and they come from that perfect world.

She is the queen of congeniality and he is the king of good tidings, inviting TLW (The Little Woman) and myself to their place the next time we come out. How is that, an invitation to two perfect strangers who share the same values.

It is nice to be able to feel comfortable with people that you never knew before and feel like you knew them all your life. I guess my little granddaughter is more of a good luck charm than I thought!




LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, you'll be better friends with strangers!


An award winning website!









No comments: