Wednesday, April 22, 2015

IF IT’S DARK IT’S POPULAR!

-->
Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "why is the bride dressed in white?"

"Because white is the color of happiness," her mother explained. "And today is the happiest day in her life."

The child thought about this for a moment. "So why is the groom wearing black?"

I have been watching a show called ‘Elementary’ a detective show featuring the newest Holmes and Watson team, a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes, with the detective now living in New York City, Holmes being a man with a foreign accent and Watkins his assistant being an Asian beauty.

Although I watch this show, I can’t for the life of me understand why they would copy something and make it less? FOLKS, ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE! Sherlock Holmes was better in its original format without the modernizing of the classic detective.

Every scene is done in the dark, the apartment, street, the sun room, all in the dark, I guess to create a mood. To make matters worse, you have to try to understand Holmes with his accent making things even darker. The plot is always complicated in the attempt to make it different from the original, but in my opinion it lacks imagination, when it copies something, I see many movies and TV dramas that prefer the dark, I guess because it saves money on the lighting bill!

But then that isn't the only show lacking in imagination: just watch the Odd Couple, a remake of a successful play, movie and TV show, talk about lack of imagination! Do people really need the same old premise done time and time again? Where do we run out of interest? I know I did.

Maybe I’m jut a cranky old man, but when I do watch TV, which is not often, I want some originality. Give me the Big Bang Theory, where all the characters are so strong, the dialogue funny or Downton Abbey where the costuming and story line although somewhat long, has its place, or give me Mad Men, and the sophistication of the late 60’s advertising world, captured extremely well.






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it will enlighten your day!

















No comments: