Friday, April 17, 2015

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!


Three sisters, ages 92, 94, and 96, live together. One night the 96-year-0ld draws a bath. She puts one foot in and pauses. "Was I getting in the tub or out?" she yells.

The 94-year-old hollers back, "I don't know, I'll come up to see." She starts up the stairs and stops. She shouts, "Was I going up or going down?"

The 92-year-old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea, listening to her sisters. She shakes her head and says, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful", and knocks on wood for good measure. Then she yells, "I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."


Every four years there is a presidential election, and by the time it is over, I am so sick of hearing the politicians I could cry.

It seems that all of them promise change, big time change and will use the buzzwords to try to excite the voters. Of course there is never any change, except what they leave you in your pockets, or should I say pocket. “Let’s get big government off our backs, let’s give the government back to the people, and my favorite: “I will be fully exonerated in a court of law!”

Clinton
Recently, if you are alive, you heard that Hillary Clinton is running for President. She will run as a Liberal, Democrat and woman candidate to seek the high office. She will undertake the challenge and from what I hear will be a formidable candidate.

The GOP has been lining up candidates and there are a whole slew of them to challenge her and try to bring her down, of course.

Hillary’s candidacy has raised a question for me to ask of you as voters, do you vote strictly on party lines, or do you do it for the brand, Liberal or Conservative for instance. The reason this comes to mind is because Hillary is so polarizing that I’m positive most people will vote either against or for her, without examining her record and thinking about it. This not to say you should or shouldn’t vote for her. But let’s think a minute about what we do. We always complain as the electorate that it is the same old same old in Washington and our state capitol, where nothing ever changes. That is true, and we blame the politicians for that, yet who puts them there? It is us: the voters? We vote strict party line, or because someone is black or white, or liberal or conservative. But what would happen if we ever started to compare each candidate based on his/her stance on an Issue by issue basis?
Cruz

If I am dead set against Hillary, without any reason other than she is a woman, or liberal or Democrat, am I doing this country and myself a real service and abusing a sacred trust? What if there are more issues I am in agreement with than not with her, do I vote against my own self-interest? Believe me, I am not endorsing her, quite the contrary to that notion, but something lies under all my rhetoric.

Recently I spent a few days with my beautiful granddaughter, and it occurred to me that she has a future long after I’m gone, and the legacy I leave her has to be one of truth and care for her well-being. I can’t in all good conscience vote strictly on labels or likes and dislikes, I have tot think about her, how honest will my vote be?

She already has my vote
Because of the way we affiliate ourselves with political parties, blanket points of view and acceptance of a package of ideas without fully considering them, things like Unions have an uncontested hold on voters and sway things. Party affiliations make for power and strength in both numbers and money, money leads to more money and that of course leads to more power and eventually corruption and graph. This in the very end is where we eventually hear: “I believe I will be fully exonerated in a court of law!”

So what I am asking you to do to change the complexion of politics is to not recognize party lines and recognize the issues each on their own merits and then decide which candidate has the best to offer your future and that of your grandchildren.

This is an unpaid and unsolicited non-endorsement and I approve of it.


 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, you'll be fully exonerated on your day in court!










 

No comments: