Thursday, April 16, 2015

ONCE UPON A TIME


I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

It seems that everything is once upon a time!

Getting older is a shock of sorts; it starts when you look in your wardrobe and discovers your clothes are aging along with you. Once upon a time those clothes fit, and were new and now like you, aren’t!

Once upon a time I could eat anything I wanted conscious free, and now I can’t look at food without feeling guilt, and gaining weight without even eating it! I used to need a two-man crew to deliver my lunch as a young man, now I can’t even find it in the dish!

Once upon a time I could read a newspaper without any difficulty, today to read a newspaper I need to remove my glasses put on enough lighting  then squint, making my wife think I’m making faces at her!

Once upon a time I was always in a hurry to get somewhere, in the car or in my career, and now, I just drive at a leisurely pace enjoying the view. People behind me are now passing me but I still get cross with them.

Once upon a time I would go to a dance or wedding reception and want to dance every dance opportunity, now I’m content to just sit at the table, enjoy a drink and chat if I can hear someone next to me over the band!

Once upon a time I used to watch TV and enjoy it, now I could give a darn about TV, instead would rather go on YouTube and select something I really want to watch, or just take a short nap.

Getting old is not a choice in that it comes on naturally, but it is a choice when you elect to take better care of yourself, rid yourself of people that have no meaning to you, and you discard all the phony baggage that they carried and left you. It is good to feel that freedom, giving you hope for a better life.

Once upon a time I would never have thought of that!






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?
 

Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, your old clothes will fit better!











No comments: