Sunday, May 31, 2015

GOODBYE!


Saying goodbye is very hard to do. Writing everyday was hard, and often I didn’t really have a thought about what to say, and some days I had too much to say.

The sad part is I will miss writing to you everyday, and the urge will still be with me. But life is like that: sometimes we need to change our course, our minds change, our philosophies change and our will changes.

There are no rivers, or mountains or seas that could have separated us over the last 9 years, because everyday I wrote I knew where to find you, your heart was always in the same place.

Soon I will have a new challenge, my daughter’s agency has asked me to once again take the title of President of the Board of Directors, and a $70 million plus agency will need my full attention. The people it serves deserve the full attention of all who serve them, the staff and the volunteers and so it is I not cheat them, they are most important to me, and so my heart must change.

I am lucky to have had a cadre of readers who did follow everyday, and for that I truly love you, but my heart has changed and now it is time to say Arrivederci cari lettori, or Auf Wiedersehen liebe Leser, or just plain Goodbye Dear Readers.

But there is one caveat to my departure, I will leave the blogue open and on occasion write to it, but never again with the same consistency of a daily dose. Writing seems to be in my blood and that can’t be denied entirely, and this is the best way to continue that.

So thank you for reading, maybe I’ll see you soon.


4 comments:

Diana said...

Good luck on your new endeavor...........although I for one will miss your blog. (this was my 5a.m. Newspaper!) , I'm sure that we'll hear from you again. You're a good man, Joseph, and whatever is in your heart to do,is right. As a family friend for all these years, me and my family wish you all the best. God Bless!

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Thank you Diana, I truly appreciate your sentiments and all your support.

Corinne said...

Hello Joe, I'm certainly going to miss you! I've been a reader daily and I certainly start my day with you. I do understand though how priorities change and I'm hoping that you are very successful in your role as President for your daughter's agency. I know you will be for sure! I do hope you will write though occasionally. Looking forward to it! God Bless

Anonymous said...

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!