Saturday, April 09, 2016

BIRD BRAIN


This morning I awoke at about 6:15 AM, and could hear what sounded like a mop against the bottom of a cabinet when mopping the floor. The sound going off every few minutes or so and got me wondering what The Little Woman (TLW) was doing so early in the morning?

After my shower (don’t thank me, please) I went downstairs and sat in my chair with a cup of coffee and again I heard the noise. I asked my wife and she said she didn’t know but that it was coming somewhere in the kitchen area. Behind the kitchen is the dining room. TLW got up and checked the area, stepped into the dining room and screamed: “OH!!!”

Outside the dining room is a small type trellis that guards a little garden and is the portal to the back yard.



“There’s a bird on the trellis!”

I get up and take a look and see in my excitement an oriole sitting on the trellis!

“OOO, it’s a Baltimore Oriole!” Yup, that’s what I said!

The bird brain was flying into my window, constantly trying to fly through! This went on for a few hours and I would get up and scare it away, it would fly off and return when I left!

Finally TLW put up some newspapers on the window thinking it might be confused about something in the house. Still the dumb bird hit the window.

Finally, after hours of flying and crashing into the window, it disappeared. I took down the newspaper and saw why, there was an ad for used cars on the newspaper.

I hope the bird doesn’t try to drive through the window!

No comments: