Sunday, April 03, 2016

PEEK-A-BOO, I SEE YOU!

-->
It is driving me mad. I know it is silly to get upset over this, but it is making me crazy.

Last week in Burbank, I visited a restaurant for lunch with The Little Woman (TLW) and we sat down surrounded by couples, groups, parents and children and even business people. The place is beautifully decorated and the atmosphere perfect for the sunny and warm day, a perfect weather to enjoy an outdoor lunch.

Now in my day and still is for me today, such conditions warranted happy chatter and conversation, maybe a celebratory drink, something light and maybe sweet. You could hold the glass and stare into it and feel all the goodness of the day.

The food comes well prepared and looks very decorative on the plate, there is nothing wanting. Maybe there is after all.

IF PEOPLE WOULD ONLY PUT DOWN THE DAMNED CELLPHONES AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ABOUT THEM!

It is making me crazy. How do you ignore such conditions of romantic proportions, of cleverly designed God made beauty, of poetic symmetry created by all the factors mentioned above? People are becoming boring, one dimensional, not of this world. Instead they find the contents of their damned phone more exciting! They drive with it in their faces, causing death and destruction, they walk like zombies into other zombies as they stare into the electronic numbness that is invading their minds.

We are losing our ability to communicate without electronics. If you don’t believe me, look at today’s students, learning how to read and write, They can’t write in a script anymore, and they have bastardized the language. (LOL, BRB etc.)

Maybe I’m an old fogey, and alarmist, out of touch, maybe I need to get with it, but boy it seems sad to me that what we are becoming is really nothing but robotic nerds without cause or meaning in our lives.

No comments: