Sunday, November 20, 2016

2016, WHAT A YEAR!


I can’t wait for this year to go away and take all the bad news with it.

In late January, my daughter Ellen broke two bones in her right lower leg, and because of it, we spent a lot of time in hospitals and rehab centers, sometimes in contentious situations. Her recovery was a long hard road because she is developmentally disabled. The doctor set a caste that he feared she would not be comfortable with and would lose her leg. If there is a God, and I think there is, he kept her leg together, and it is a major miracle since it was an external fixator that was used until they could insert a metal rod in her leg. It wasn’t until June that she went home.

Then in September, under the sun of Cape May, as we sat with friends sipping drinks I received a call from my daughter-in-law, Courtney. She said that my son Anthony would need emergency surgery for his heart, a triple by-pass, just like his old man did!

Within 2 days I was off to California and spent a while with Courtney and my beautiful granddaughter who made a lot of boo-boo’s all better.

Then out of the blue, my cardiologist sent me to get a c-scan without contrast of my coratoid artery, and sure enough, it is 80% to 90% blocked on my right side and 50% to 60% blocked on my left side.

What this means is I am overdue for a stroke, my brain is losing blood, and this probably explains a lot about me recently.

So with the holidays approaching, the visit to Burbank, California in December, it looks like I’ll be spending it recuperating from this operation.  I hope I make it to the new year and that it is quiet for a change.

No comments: