Saturday, December 17, 2016

MEETING SANTA WITH A SONG IN MY HEART!


MEETING SANTA

The whole family packed up our 2 ½-year old Santa believer and off we went to see Santa. Last year we tried and it didn’t go well, all Hell broke loose and Mamma had to sit with La Principessa (Darby Shea my granddaughter) for the pictures to be taken. 

This year she dressed once again as a princess, in green and red and beautiful ready for Santa, she gingerly edged up to the jolly old man and got on his lap! This caused everyone to deeply breathe a sigh of relief. Last year she needed her Mommy to be able to take the picture.

She has become an easy target to shoot pictures with, her beautiful face and expressive big eyes make for photographic magic.

Once the pictures were done, she suddenly became alive, enjoying herself as we left the mall and headed to the car. It was in the car that she became magical herself. Taking over and giving grandpa and grandma orders, she introduced made up words and games, and we were given specific instructions on how to do it.

Giving me her two shoes, I had to clap them together and count to 8.

Me: (Clapping shoes): “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9!”
Darby: “NOOOO Grandpa”
Me: (Clapping shoes): 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4 is 8!”
Darby: “NOOOO Grandpa, you’re silly!”

Grandma and Daddy all had to do it properly and did, just Grandpa messed up, deliberately.

Having this grandchild has amused me, made me her servant, made me love like I never did before, and I hope I live for another 70 years just to watch and enjoy her presence.

No comments: