Saturday, December 31, 2016

QUE SERA, SERA!


You've heard that phrase time and time again. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" In my many years of life, I often wondered what the new year would bring, Que sera, sera.

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother
What will I be
Will I be pretty
Will I be rich
Here's what she said to me
Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

When I grew up and fell in love
I asked my sweetheart
What lies ahead
Will we have rainbows
Day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said
Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

Now I have Children of my own
They ask their mother
What will I be
Will I be handsome
Will I be rich
I tell them tenderly
Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be
Que Sera, Sera
Songwriters
LIVINGSTON, JAY / EVANS, RAY

That song says it best, what will be, WILL BE!

No one can foresee their own demise or that of a loved one, and the older one gets, the less he/she fears it, turns a deaf ear and blind eye to it and continues onward.
But the time of year is best for resolving to make things better, to grow as a person and to put to bed old issues. And so, I come to you Dear Readers.

The New Year is always promising in our ignorance, mysterious to wonder about and always surprising. My hope for you is that you have good health, that if you are suffering from something, it will heal, I prayer you lose no one and divest yourself of those that only weigh you down unnecessarily. That you always have plenty to eat, a roof over your head, and that many love you, and that you in kind love many.

There is one other thing I wish for you: that the memories of your childhood, and of your parents or grandparents and all who have passed are rekindled in your heart and mind and refresh your soul, laying bare who you are and where you come from. Be proud of that and live for tomorrow with the lessons of yesteryear, but remember: Que sera, sera.

-->
YES, WE ARE QUICKLY RUNNING OUT OF HOLIDAYS!

New Year’s Eve and the following day, New Year’s Day seem like the step-children of the holidays. Christmas or Hanukah are the big ones, and for the exception of New Year’s Eve partying and drinking, I can’t make up my mind if New Year’s Day is the end of the seasonal holidays or the first holiday of the New Year.

Returning back to the routine of a non-holiday season, one which doesn’t cost a lot of money unless you are a newly-wedded couple (St. Valentine’s Day), there is nothing in my way until my wedding anniversary in mid-June. There are three or four birthdays, three in March and one in April, but until June I save money.

My resolution this year is not to make a resolution. I make this resolution every year and have yet to break it since the early 2000’s when I first started the tradition.


No comments: