Monday, September 25, 2017

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!

Her first Christmas
For the past 2 years I haven't been much of a Christmas decorator since we were visiting #1 Son, Anthony) and his beautiful wife Courtney and the most beautiful little granddaughter ever conceived! WE flew out to Burbank and the sunshine and spent the day watching my little munchkin open her presents.

Usually, I like to spend my holiday at home, but when you have a grandchild of Darby's magnitude, it is only right that Christmas be spent under her roof, with her tree. With this in mind, since there is a wedding so close to Christmas in Courtney's family, she and Darby will fly out to the East and then come to my house. #1 Son will follow a few days later.
with Poppa
So, this is going to be the best Christmas ever, I am going to decorate as much as possible, just to make the day special for Darby! This means pulling out the big tree, and decorating it in the den, buying an electric train set to run around the tree for Darby to play with, then when she leaves I will mail it all to her house, I will decorate the guest bedroom with our little tree and set up TLW's (The Little Woman's) Snow Village in the dining room window. There will be decorated windows and tables everywhere, just for Darby!

It is only three months away as of today, and so the planning will begin. I need to know what she likes to eat, and what her Mom likes, snacks, what kind? I need to find those old-fashioned Christmas songs about Santa and Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman.

Hey, MERRY CHRISTMAS, and to all, a good night!!


No comments: