Sunday, September 24, 2017

I'M A ARTIST AND LOVER…


TLW and me. I'm the one with the beard.
Not a phone man!

Recently while toiling away on my computer, there was a momentary power outage. For all you non-electrical poobahs, it means the electricity went out, or as in my case, no juice.

When you get to my age, not having any juice is an acceptable thing, no one will question it, they just wonder how much longer. That is OK, after all, we all quit one time or another. However, this was a different story, it affected my house phone or land line, and I was unable to make any calls or receive them. This was brought to my attention from a very likely source, the Little Woman (TLW).

Calling on my cell phone, I see her id on the phone, it reads Boss Lady. I think this unusual but I still answer.

A little history about TLW, she likes to fix things, usually can get into trouble or create a make-shift solution to a problem. She once took pride in her tool drawer and junk depository in our old kitchen. It was composed of a butter knife, (screwdriver) and a real screwdriver with a  wooden handle that was splintering away, a hammer that is used by drunken shoemakers who like to tap nails but she will drive a railroad spike with, a tailor's measuring tape and a wrench that was stripped of its treads, so it really couldn't hold onto anything. Getting back to my story…

"Hello!"
"Joe, I tried calling you and the phone went immediately into message mode!"
"Oh! Well, we did have a power outage, for a brief moment."
"Did you try to unplug the phone from the wall?"
"Three times,"
"Did you check the box you made for the phone on the desk"
"Yes, I did."
"Did you talk to Jesus???"
"Nah, his line is always busy"
"Did you check the power stick?"
"You mean the one at the phone or the one in my office?"
"Both."
"Yes."
"Well, when I get home I'll check it out."
"OK."
"By"
"By"

I go back to looking at all the possibilities and find the culprit connection and the phone works.
I call her at The Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company.

"Welcome to the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company! Looking for a loan, maybe some cash to tide you over or pay your bookie, then ask for Bruno our loan man. Interest, although high, is not painful if paid on time."

I dial her extension and she answers:

"Yes???"
"It's fixed!"
"Oh, good I have a member right now when I get home you can tell me what you did."
"If I could, I'd tell you."
"Ha ha!"

Really, I'm an artist and a lover.

No comments: