Friday, October 13, 2017

SOMETIMES A GOOD CHOP IS ALL IT TAKES

THE HERO OF THIS STORY, ONCE

Believe me, I love to eat but can't handle as much anymore. When I was a teenager, I could eat at last 3 pork chops for dinner or two steaks! I was growing and it was only upward. When I graduated from both high school and college I only weighed 120 lbs. I was a skinny kid.

I may have been skinny but was very strong, lifting heavy cartons filled with rolls of heavy denim to be cut in the cutting room, I would take these multi-hundred pounds 4'6" cases, wrapped in a metal strap, bulging at the seams and on a hand-truck bring them down a ramp and drop them in the shipping department. Then I would gather up cartons weighing hundreds of pounds and push them up that same ramp. So, I needed meat to work like that!
THE MOVIE


THE BEER
The other night I went to the movies with TLW (The Little Woman) to see Victoria & Abdul, a movie about an unusual relationship between old fat Queen Victoria and Abdul a Muslim she befriended. A true story that was worth the money and the portrayal by Dame Judy Dench. Sent to England from India, Abdul (played by Indian star Ali Fazal) breaks protocol, by meeting the queen's eye with his, smiling at her and playfully then falling under the table kissing her foot. As guests look on aghast, the queen giggles.
THE CHOPS

After the show, we decided to eat in an Italian restaurant, since it was Columbus Day. I ordered Eddie's Pork Chops and a tall Peroni Nastro Azzurro, in a tall glass, it exemplifies the traditions of Italian craftsmanship, passion, and flair upon which it was formed. Eddie didn't do so bad either. Two pork chops made with onions, hot vinegar peppers, and a great sauce, I ATE BOTH, and if I weren't in a public place would have sucked on the bare bones!

GREAT BEER, GREAT FOOD, GREAT DATE AND GREAT MOVIE!

It’s good to be the king!
THE DATE





No comments: