Thursday, November 23, 2017

CHOOSING MY HEALTH PLAN


It is a time I start thinking about Medicare and my future. I am reading the current bestseller: ‘Medicare and You' written by the US Government. It is an exciting tale about how I will spend my money on my demise.

There are many plans to confuse you, depress you, and make you broke. As you peruse through the book, there are restrictions such as where you can have certain plans. One plan in Suffolk County is not the same as one in Nassau County or Kings or Queens County. Why?

Years ago, one didn't need a referral to see a surgeon, the doctor sent you and the surgeon took you. Now, before they do anything, you go to the Insurance company to decide if they want to allow you go due to cost.

It is becoming scary now, with the new ideas of supposed health care, killing off Obama Care, playing politics with our health! Making changes with very little consideration of what the consumer may want.

Now with a myriad of confusing choices, we are asked to select something no one cares or really thought about.

No comments: