Sunday, December 17, 2017

IT’S TRICKY

Almost a year ago I had an operation for my carotid artery, a procedure that takes a long time to settle. The procedure is to clear that main artery to your brain from plaque that builds up there. You also have one on the other side or opposite side of the neck. I have issues with both and eventually will need the other one cleared too.

The incision requires cutting into nerves that give feeling to the face area, and when the nerves are cut, you have numbness. It is a year now, but the numbness still lingers. One other bad effect it is having on me is that I am starting to feel like I will pass out! A certain rush to my head comes on and I feel the sense of fainting coming on. I get up too quickly and move on and the feeling comes on, causing me to pause and hold on. I even get a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It seems to be coming on much more often now, be it sitting and reclining to a stand-up motion or something new, raising my head in a sitting position. Having lunch one day this week, I was sitting next to TLW (The Little Woman) and I was leaning on the cleared artery with my opened hand, when I decided to raise my head slowly, slowly I raised my head off my hand and as I did, the dizziness came on.

I'm starting to wonder just how much time I really have left.

No comments: