Thursday, December 28, 2017

THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER






In all my years at Christmas time, I've enjoyed so many, this past Christmas is the greatest yet! It was filled with everything I ever wanted, a complete family Christmas with all my children around me.

My daughter Ellen came from her group home like she is every Christmas day, the oldest, she lives with disabilities and tries to keep up her family as best she can. To her, Christmas is just another day with Mom and Pop.

There was my son Anthony, #1 Son, who arrived from Burbank with his beautiful wife Courtney and the most beautiful child ever, there daughter and MY grandchild, Darby Shea (La Principessa).

Bringing up the rear was Michael, #2 Son, fresh from his new job in Manhattan as a job coach for people with disabilities, his girlfriend Julie and her brother Kevin. Julie and Kevin were going to spend Christmas day alone since the parents were in Puerto Rico on a vacation. TLW (The Little Woman) and I were alarmed by that and so invited them for Christmas Eve dinner and again on Christmas day. No one should be alone for Christmas!

We spent the morning (I did) in anticipation of La Principessa awakening to what Santa brought her. It took a while to go through her presents as she entertained us, modeled her new clothes and participated in dancing, singing and jumping like a very happy child. Thank God for that.


But the two things that struck me most, that made it the best Christmas ever were: That my granddaughter was so compassionate, so wise and loving to sit with her aunt and give off both kindness and love. She is only 3 ½ years old, yet had more compassion than most adults I know.

Secondly, was the news that came after we opened all the presents, an announcement was made by my beautiful daughter-in-law Courtney, TLW and I were going to be grandparents once again in June! This is electrifying, stupendous, incredible and nice! This time it is a little boy, who probably knows a lot already.

There were other miracles that also occurred that I don't wish to mention other than to say it was truly a magical and wondrous Christmas.


No comments: