Friday, December 29, 2017

WHY SHE IS A PRINCESS


I have a grandchild, a little button named Darby Shea, I call her La Principessa, Italian for the Princess, and she shows why I made a good choice in calling her that.

There is another princess in my life, my daughter Ellen, a sweet woman who truly loves people as a whole and yet can't express herself except with smiles and hugs and squeals of excitement when she sees someone she loves.

There was a union of the two, La Principessa Darby and my beautiful daughter Ellen. What transformed was truly amazing.

Christmas has given me many gifts this year, all wonderful in themselves, I for one am still here on Earth, I have my beautiful wife who won't leave me, I had all my children with me for Christmas Day, and I had La Principessa and her amazing Mommy. What else could there be, yet the last gift was tremendous, a shock and joy, a grandchild is on the way, and for my son Anthony, it is a boy this time!

But the gift I'm really talking about came unexpectedly. My wife and I were very concerned that my daughter with all her developmental disabilities would not understand a little child, and that little child, Darby would be afraid of my daughter.

AS my granddaughter approached my daughter, who was sitting on the couch, La Principessa slowly climbed the couch and sat next to Ellen. They smiled at each other lovingly and my daughter started to express herself by smiling and hitting the seat of the couch. My little munchkin granddaughter imitated her and suddenly there was laughter from both, they had bonded. My nervousness about protecting my granddaughter was over, Aunt Ellen found someone new to love. And my granddaughter? She already had that love in her.


No comments: