Wednesday, January 24, 2018

COMPUTER SPEAK


I have an array of computer technology to help my life along. I used to be computer savvy and discovered that once you leave the workforce, you lose all that knowledge and support from both the computer administrators and coworkers.

I maintain, just like you might, 4 different Apple products. There is my desk computer that is about 48inches across and used for my graphics work. Then the laptop that I live on, It is used to write copy and blogs and expressing myself. There is my I-pad, that is used for entertainment mostly, I like to take it with me when I have a doctor's appointment and know I will be waiting in the waiting room and the examining room, and finally, so you all can track me down like a rat, my I-phone, all are Apple products.

I used to do a lot on my kindle, but that is in retirement since I can put all that stuff on my I-pad.

All this technology comes at a price, passwords. Yes, the password issue is a big problem. There is the Cloud that keeps me connected to myself, there are the different systems that fall under Apple, there are programs that need to be updated and of course the product itself. Remembering all these passwords is ridiculous, you need to carry a book around with you.

If I do get lucky and can remember my password for say; Facebook on my laptop, but not on the I-phone or I-pad. Then I follow the instructions that guide me through the process.

"PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE"

*Which key is the "ANY" key?

Now they invented "Double-layer security" two passwords for the same thing. Maybe I'll just get rid f them all and buy a nice newspaper. Newspapers have news, opinions, comics, games, and puzzles, just like computers.

*This is a joke, don't get bent out of shape!



No comments: