Tuesday, January 16, 2018

IT CAN'T BE!

All my friends and relatives are getting old, leaving me behind!

It is time for me to start acting my age, old, and to go back to my memories, mostly black and white to come to terms with the aging process.

Are you not painting the town red anymore, and why is that? Because you need to rest before applying a second coat?

You now take the best care of your teeth you ever have, because they are safely put away on your nightstand, in a glass soaking in water as it sits next to your arthritic medicine.

Your eyes, a long-ago failing too are on that nightstand and while you have it, did you hear? Probably not, because you left your hearing aids on the nightstand too. I remember when I had room on it for a book.

At least I haven't stopped reading. I take out my medication list read it to myself because it guarantees me to some extent that I can come back tomorrow to read it again!

I went to the doctors the other day and he called his nurse.
"Get Mr. D's medical history, part II.

People marvel at your attempt at dieting when you go to a restaurant. You order a small steak, cut away 10% and that's the part you eat!

Driving at night, you only go to places you know, using instinct rather than eyesight.

I am still burning the midnight oil, until around 7:00 PM.

And yes, you DO have a large vocabulary, but what good does it do you if the younger generations don't understand you?

No comments: